Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi,im using iphone 5s gold purachased from abu dhabi...i inserted an indian sim and started the phone...after wifi check it shows sim not valid..its new phone help me

this was my first iphone,gifted by my brother.But i cant use it because it show sim not valid after checking wifi

iPhone 5s

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 10:46 AM

3 replies

Apr 30, 2016 6:50 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

it shows that sim not valid and a long reasoning message
i used many sim and tried...still no change...can u help me in unlocking this phone from the carrier which it is locked to...im new to iphones and apple products..this is my first apple..the sim card inserted show network range..but this message comesUser uploaded file

help me with a solution as quick as possible please...im dying to use the phone

Apr 30, 2016 8:37 PM in response to amal191

The phone you have is locked to a carrier, other than the one that you have inserted the SIM for. You need to find out what carrier the device is locked to. You should know that from where you purchased the device. If you do not want to use the carrier the device is locked to, you will need to contact them to see if the offer unlocking services. If they do, see if you qualify. If you do, then follow their instructions for unlocking the device. If you do not qualify, then you will not be able to use the phone. I suggest you return it to where you purchased it for a refund, and purchase a phone you can use with your carrier.

hi,im using iphone 5s gold purachased from abu dhabi...i inserted an indian sim and started the phone...after wifi check it shows sim not valid..its new phone help me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.