Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export XML referencing rendered clips to DaVinci Resolve?

Hi All,

My first post on this forum so, hi! 🙂

My problem is that when I export XML from FCPX it always links the original media - which is fine if you're planning on round-tripping back to FCPX - but I'd like to export XML and reference any rendered clips instead of the original clip, the reason being that all I want to do in DaVinci Resolve is color grade and deliver from Resolve instead of going back to FCPX.

I'd like to edit, apply effects etc all in FCPX - including using FCPX's optical flow for slowmo clips and not Resolve's. Also, I have the Neat Video plugin for FCPX which I'd like to apply to clips that need it before color grading. Then, once I've finished grading I'd like to deliver from Resolve instead of going back to FCPX. Obviously I'd render any clips in FCPX as ProRes 422 HQ or ProRes 4444 to limit any artefacts passing through to Resolve.

Is this possible?

Thanks for your help.

All the best,

Mark.

OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 9:31 AM

1 reply

Export XML referencing rendered clips to DaVinci Resolve?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.