Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi stops working on devices

I have A1409 time capsule. Wifi works good for Iphone ,ipads, mac air. My problems are wirless printer, thermostat, video doorbell, wemo quit working after working several days just find. All of the devices loses connection and then I have to do a reset on TC and all devices. Trying to deside if TC needs to be replaced with a differant brand.

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 2:37 PM

The Gen4 TC is at least 3 years old now which is the economic life of a lot of domestic network equipment now.

I would buy a wireless router.. one of the later AC1900 models.. and bridge the TC to it and keep it for using with Time Machine only.

Apple have not replaced the Gen5 TC yet and the design is getting too old to consider.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2016 2:37 PM in response to crewfromtx

The Gen4 TC is at least 3 years old now which is the economic life of a lot of domestic network equipment now.

I would buy a wireless router.. one of the later AC1900 models.. and bridge the TC to it and keep it for using with Time Machine only.

Apple have not replaced the Gen5 TC yet and the design is getting too old to consider.

Apr 30, 2016 3:53 PM in response to crewfromtx

For excellent wireless I would go Netgear R7000 or the Asus RT-AC68U

These are not the latest models either but more advanced models give no improvement in speed or range.. The router designs are far ahead of the client designs. The Asus has far superior firmware to the Netgear.. the Netgear is the more solid hardware.. IMHO the Asus is the standout.. it simply is streets ahead with Merlin firmware as well as its own.

There is a special update model in the US.. we cannot get it here.. but Asus upgraded to a high power chipset to bring the AC68U up to the R7000 speed.

Mostly speed only matters for people on gigabit fibre.. otherwise any of those routers will work fine.

Please read the reviews on smallnetbuilder.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/tools/charts/router/view

wifi stops working on devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.