Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X - Audio region position issues @ certain tempos

Hi All,

I have an issue with cutting and altering audio region start and stop points when trying to move to grid, regardless of snap settings/on/off. it is clearly a bug, but please have a go for your self. I produce @ 176 bpm, so this is a good starting point, however, this affects lots of BPMs (but strangely, not all), even noticing issues at 136bpm, so not isolated to the upper tempos only and may be affecting you with out you knowing!

Have a look at 176bpm your chosen tempo.

- Import audio track to main window

- Max horizontal zoom (+high vert zoom to have a better chance of spotting anomaly)

- Cut region using scissor tool at bar or beat/grid divider

- Take note of *visual* region position of start and stop points around cut point

- hover over each new region, holding mouse button down to see start and position 'meter'

- A '.' after the number means it is not bang on grid/bar.

- If slightly out either visually or by the meter, try to manually drag (with or with out snap) to correct position

Please let me know your findings.

Thanks

Tom

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Logic 10.2.2

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 11:22 AM

7 replies

May 1, 2016 2:31 AM in response to Data Stream Studio

Hi Data,

Thanks for your reply.

No it isn't set. My standard set up is snap to grid > Smart or samples > Absolute value, however i have tried all combos and turning all cut aids off. same problem.

Have you tried the little test? I'm sure you will achieve the same if you do. I have a couple of threads live both on GS and Logic pro help and people are trying the test and coming up with similar results, but hadn't noticed before i mentioned it.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/apple-logic-pro/1022594-region-cut-options-gaps- when-cutting-2.html

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/v...p?f=1&t=124099

I have reported this to Apple multiple times now and just hope that they alter it, but one guy, looking back at logic 9, is saying that this affects that too!

Please fix this apple, it makes accurate audio manipulation impossible!

Jun 11, 2016 6:15 AM in response to FQ-400

Bump.

10.2.3 has not addressed this issue, which is affecting a lot of us, mostly unknowing!!

Please report to apple guys.

[b]Very quick test reminder:[/b]

Have a look at your chosen BPM (my particular issue is at 176BPM)

- Import audio track to main window

- Max horizontal zoom (+high vert zoom to have a better chance of spotting anomaly)

- Cut region using scissor tool at bar or beat/grid divider

- Take note of *visual* region position of start and stop points around cut point

- hover over each new region, holding mouse button down to see start and position 'meter'

- A '.' after the number means it is not bang on grid/bar.

- If slightly out either visually or by the meter, try to manually drag (with or with out snap) to correct position

The smaller the grid division (i.e 16th bar etc) the worse the problem, eventually affecting Logic's template tempo 120BPM!!

Thanks all!

Logic Pro X - Audio region position issues @ certain tempos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.