Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to backup iMessage for iPhone 6 s Plus to an external drive

Hello,

I want to I want to backup iMessage for iPhone 6 s Plus Plus iOS 9.0.2, 128 GB iMessage

From what I've read, the iPhone/iPad backup capabilities of SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive don't including backing up iMessage.

• Can anyone recommend a device that will backup iMessage? Is there a way to backup iMessage from iPhone to an external drive? If so, I would love recommendations--seems that many products claim to do it all--then I look at specs and discover maybe these products do lots, but too often they don't do the one thing I really want--most recently that's backing up iMessage.
  • Due to a host of other fun problems I won't bore / bug iPhone Support Co mmunity, my iMac not working, so I cannot use that -- for anything, including iPhone backup.
  • I'm experiencing similar issues w/ backup that many users are reporting. On top of that, my WIFI occasionally kicks out, so I fear a traditional backup will not be able to occur until I move.
  • Thanks in advance for the benefit of your collective wisdom!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2, 128 GB

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 12:35 PM

There are no replies.

I want to backup iMessage for iPhone 6 s Plus to an external drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.