Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failed to iterate repair Boot Camp after installing OS on a partition

Hello Loner.

Sorry, I do not speak English and I translated with google.

Earlier this forum follow the instructions of Christopher Murphy, to boot from Bot Camp having 3 partitions in addition to the boot etc.

In a Mountain Lion, Snow Leopard and another in the third slope to install Mavericks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), partitions, Snow Leopard, Mavericks

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 1:23 PM

2 replies

Apr 30, 2016 2:05 PM in response to 1Saraswatti1

Perdon, send only the beginning of my writing.

Start again

Hello

Sorry, I do not speak English and I translated with google

This link forums follow the instructions of Christopher Murphy

http://https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4144252?start=0&tstart=0

to boot from Bot Camp having 3 partitions in addition to the boot etc. In a Mountain Lion, Snow Leopard and another in the third slope to install Mavericks.

User uploaded file

Everything worked out very well. Thanks Christopher Murphy

When installing Mavericks, I lost again boot with Boot Camp and tried to repeat the steps. The problem was that to get to this point - <enter> accept the default MBR code of 07 hex did not give me that option and proposed code of 01, I did not realize and I came to the end.

User uploaded file

I am a novice, on both occasions I followed the steps without really knowing what I was doing.

After accepting, Windows was not working me and I had several problems with other operating systems that are blocked once opened.

I now everything works properly, can even open Windows, what worries me is that eventually may cause me problems and I would like your opinion. If it is inaccurate to rectify it. Yes, I'd appreciate me You instruct the steps very detailed otherwise not be able to follow.

Deputy results:

r sudo gpt show -vv disk0 and diskutil list

User uploaded file

I hope someone can answer me

Thank you very much

Apr 30, 2016 7:50 PM in response to 1Saraswatti1

1. You will run into several issues.

a. Recovery HD cannot support two versions of OS X, Mavericks and Mountain Lion. It can lead to problems.

b. This is a non-standard partition, and future OS X upgrades can cause data loss.

c. If you need multiple versions of OS X, use external disks to install them.

d. On your internal disk, choose one specific version of OS X and Windows. Do not add any more OS versions.

2. If you upgrade any of the current versions of OS X, they can cause issues with the others.

Failed to iterate repair Boot Camp after installing OS on a partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.