Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone call initiates when I go to google on my iphone 6S

Hi,

This issue started recently, probably right after latest iOS update.I have an iphone 6S, iOS 9.3.1. When I'm in my car (Audi A4, 2012), bluetooth on and I use my phone to do a Google search, a phone call to my phone starts automatically (!!!!). The call continues unless I manually hung up. What is going on here?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1, 16GB

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 2:07 PM

19 replies

Apr 30, 2016 2:24 PM in response to zanziflaca

Does this only occur if you use the Google icon when the device is connected to your vehicle's Bluetooth? I don't use the Google app, so I could not test this. What troubleshooting have you done. User troubleshooting steps are restart, reset, restore from backup, restore to factory; testing after each. I would see if you get the same behavior when the device is not connected to your vehicle before trying any other troubleshooting.

Apr 30, 2016 2:52 PM in response to zanziflaca

zanziflaca wrote:

I can tell you that if I am away from my car ( or not connected via bluetooth) this does to happen.

I will try to troubleshoot and see whether this happens with apps other than Google.

So you are saying that it also happens when outside the vehicle, not connected to Bluetooth? I'm guessing to try the restart first (power phone off/on). If it still happens, then try a force restart (hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release). The phone will reboot. Test after that. You may also want to check with Google and see if there is an issue with their app.

Apr 30, 2016 3:09 PM in response to zanziflaca

Okay, that was what I wanted to be sure of. Does your vehicle support CarPlay? Since this does not happen when not connected to the vehicle, have you tried resetting the vehicle's audio system? Has there been an update to the vehicle's audio system lately? If you troubleshoot the phone, speak to Google support, then you might also contact the vehicle's manufacturer to see if there are any issues reported on their end.

May 17, 2016 8:43 AM in response to zanziflaca

I am having this same issue as well. Ever since the latest iOS update, any time I open the Google app it immediately dials my own number.

I find it hard to imagine that it's a Google (or any app-specific) issue since it worked perfectly fine before the latest iOS update. No updates on the vehicle's radio either. We all have different vehicles with different radios, yet have the same issue. The common denominator is the latest iOS update.

phone call initiates when I go to google on my iphone 6S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.