Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod won't sync recently played to Itunes

I have an ipod nano with the most up to date software.

When I play tracks on it and then sync it to my itunes account via laptop and wire, it never updates what I have played.

This is a minor irritant!!! How do I allow my itunes account to reflect what I have listened to?

iPod nano

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 6:15 PM

Do you use automatic syncing (the Sync Music checkbox on the iPod's Music settings screen in iTunes)? Or do you have it set for Manually manage music [and videos] (on the iPod's Summary settings screen in iTunes)? If you use the manual method to load songs on the iPod, iTunes is not keeping your iTunes library "in sync" with the iPod. Therefore, the libraries on the iPod and in iTunes are separate (not linked). Things like play count and last played may not sync from iPod to the computer.

If you have it set to use automatic syncing, then iTunes is responsible for syncing that data between iPod and iTunes library. You should see your iTunes library updated with changes you make on the iPod, like song rating, play count, etc, when you sync

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2016 6:15 PM in response to mingramesque

Do you use automatic syncing (the Sync Music checkbox on the iPod's Music settings screen in iTunes)? Or do you have it set for Manually manage music [and videos] (on the iPod's Summary settings screen in iTunes)? If you use the manual method to load songs on the iPod, iTunes is not keeping your iTunes library "in sync" with the iPod. Therefore, the libraries on the iPod and in iTunes are separate (not linked). Things like play count and last played may not sync from iPod to the computer.

If you have it set to use automatic syncing, then iTunes is responsible for syncing that data between iPod and iTunes library. You should see your iTunes library updated with changes you make on the iPod, like song rating, play count, etc, when you sync

Ipod won't sync recently played to Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.