Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV gen4 not registering remote app in Other Devices

Hi there,

I have tried setting up the remote app as both home sharing and manually, but neither are working because the remote app is not showing up in "Other Devices". I have read multiple sites and nothing seems to tackle this issue. I am on the same network/sharing wifi, I have checked my firewalls, reset the wifi and turned home sharing off and one depending on if I am attempting to add manually. . Please help, I just can get this working.

Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 3:14 PM

I think you need to update your tvOS to the latest, 9.2. The remote app was added with that release. Then there'll be a new entry for Remote App, click it and you'll see paired and unpaired devices.

2 replies

Apple TV gen4 not registering remote app in Other Devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.