Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Part of my text is not showing in Apple Motion 5

hello, I am fairly new to Apple motion so any help will be great. Basically if I type 'hello' into motion in one particular font it has parts of each letter missing, for example the 'H' in hello looks like an 'l" as it has been choped in half.

please Help me! Thanks, Greg

iMac with Retina 5K display, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 12:34 PM

3 replies

May 2, 2016 8:22 AM in response to gregishere

gregishere wrote:

Basically if I type 'hello' into motion in one particular font it has parts of each letter missing,

For starters, can you be more specific on the font? What's the name of the font? Does this happen with only this one font, or all fonts? Is it a system installed font, or a 3rd party font downloaded from the internet? Also, which version of Motion are you running? What's your OS? You'll need to give some more explicit details for anyone to start to give you answers.

May 3, 2016 1:10 PM in response to GFXZen

Hi there GFXZen, Thank you for taking your time to reply!

The font is called 'Nanum Pen Script' It is an internal apple font and it is the only font that is playing up. I use newest Motion 5 & I am running of an iOS 9.3.1.

User uploaded fileAs you can see from the image here the bottom of the letters are squared off. the letter on the left is an 'S' and the letter on the right is an 'e'. I have used this font in the past and it definitely shouldn't be doing this. Any help will be great as I am really stuck. Thanks mate - Greg

May 3, 2016 2:38 PM in response to gregishere

Well, for starters, I'm not seeing the problem on my system. I'm running Mac OS 10.11.4 and Motion 5.2.3.

Can you re-confirm your OS (Motion doesn't run on iOS) and specific Motion version (5.2, 5.2.1, etc).

Additionally, it's hard to tell, is your text 2D or 3D? It looks like it has some filtering or effect? Does this happen with plain 2D text (no outline or other effects)? Again, can you be more specific about the text setup? Details, no matter how small are important. For now, you could start by verifying your fonts. Open "Font Book" in your Application folder. Select All Fonts from the sidebar. From the File menu, select Validate Fonts (you can do a single selected font too.) Verify that there is not problem with the installed font. Otherwise you'll have to provide more about the way you created the text effect.

Part of my text is not showing in Apple Motion 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.