Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

*** Orphaned mailbox with MS Exchange Online 365

Service: Microsoft Exchange Online 365

Device: iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Symptoms: my phone's been successfully synchronized with Exchange service for months. Unfortunately in every 1-2 weeks some of my synchronized folders are disappeared, others are shown as "*** Orphaned mailbox <original folder name>". I have no issues on other Exchange ActiveSync connections (e.g.: Windows Phone). Do you have any idea? (Ticket also has been opened on MS side.)

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 1:37 PM

1 reply

Sep 5, 2016 9:25 AM in response to naszta

Same problem here - but mine is an Exchange 2013 account tied to an on-premise server. No other sync problems with Outlook.app or other ActiveSync devices. I have even tried a backup/restore of the iPhone (now running iOS 9.3.5). No luck, can't delete this "ghost" data and it's very annoying as it clutters up search results.

Anyone know of a way to completely purge this cached data? Or rebuild the Spotlight index on the phone etc? Whatever is causing these results to be displayed, deleting the email account and re-adding it does *not* make it go away. I have tried that, as well as soft- and hard-resets of the phone. It's some kind of persistent data.

*** Orphaned mailbox with MS Exchange Online 365

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.