Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2011 macbook air cant reinstall OSx

I have a 2011 macbook air that crashed, put a new hardrive in and am having trouble. My backup is on WD my cloud, and it wont restore over the network cause its so big, so i copied to a hardrive and it completely restores, then says there was on error when its at the "finishing restoreing" message. I verified and repair the disk. I dont even want to restore it I just want to get OSX back on it. If i go into internet recovery, It trys to install Lion and gives me errors. I tried going to safari and signing into my icloud, then back to install osx and enter my apple id, and it got further but still gives me a useless error message.

Is there a way to install OSX via USB?

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 2:10 PM

7 replies

Apr 30, 2016 4:49 PM in response to bhollehday

bhollehday wrote:

I bought the computer used off someone btw.

That means that the MBA is connected to the sellers ID. What has to be done is erase the HDD and reinstall the original OSX which will connect the MBA with your Apple ID. What puzzles me is that the process I posted is designed exactly to do that. It should not bring you to the App store. Here are detailed instructions and try them again:

http://osxdaily.com/2014/12/14/reinstall-os-x-mac-internet-recovery/

If no success, you will have to go to an Apple store genius bar and have then assist you.

Ciao.

2011 macbook air cant reinstall OSx

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.