Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving 1249 "cookies" at a time

I normally delete undesired cookies after most internet sessions leaving only those that I frequently use. lately when I return to the "net" I see that there are 1249 cookies posted on my hard drive. How do I stop this activity? The number of 1249 cookies is constant and they usually are there when I start up and before Using any site other than Bing. My browser is Safari then to Bing for search, internet service from Comcast. iMac 10.9.5

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 4:38 PM

4 replies

Apr 30, 2016 5:05 PM in response to tscacro

You can turn off cookies in most browsers; however, some sites simply do not function without them. I use Firefox and have a choice of not allowing cookies; since it is too much trouble to keep allowing them on individual sites, I just do what you do: clean them out.

FWIW: how do you go about cleaning them out when done?

May 1, 2016 6:55 AM in response to babowa

My concern is that someone(thing) is releasing 1249 cookies at a time to my hard drive and I do not know where they are coming from and I do not want to ever have that on my mac even for a minute. I thought there would be a number of people with this showing up as a problem. Turning off cookies would be a real interupter when browsing for something, for as you say they require cookies so many times. Thank you Babowa.

May 1, 2016 3:06 PM in response to babowa

I delete by Safari...preferences....privacy...details....select all unneeded cookies then select remove.

Browser settings Block cookies from 3rd parties..... limit website access to location services...selected Deny without prompting

Website tracking......Ask websites not to track me

Smart search field...Provide No suggestions

I notice that if I go online under "private browsing" I do not get that load of cookies. I do not like to do it that way however.

My suspicion is the load of cookies comes from a site that I evidently use very frequently. And that is a small group...I will start looking at "cookie deposits" after each visit and perhaps I will eventually find the culprit. I am surprised that no one else is having this problem. Thanks again Babowa

Receiving 1249 "cookies" at a time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.