Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless keyboard and trackpad malfunctioning since El Capitan

Since upgrading to El Captitan I have to turn my wireless keyboard off and on after almost every system sleep in order to make it usable again. Otherwise El Cap or any app would react to keyboard strokes with a distinct delay and often by repeating a single stroke many times.

With Yosemite everything was fine.

My setup: trackpad, mighty mouse and keyboard, all wireless, on a late 2013 27" i7 iMac with 32 GB RAM, latest OS X.

Any ideas?

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 3:48 PM

5 replies

Apr 30, 2016 5:31 PM in response to zacharyfromnsw

Hi zacharyfromnsw,

yep, batteries have already been replaced several times.

In El Cap Apple has rewritten the USB stack – and here lies IMO most probably the cause for the malfunctioning.

A work around is, to turn off the trackpad or the keyboard before sending the iMac to sleep... but, hm, I would prefer a more comfortable solution 🙂

Wireless keyboard and trackpad malfunctioning since El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.