Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto response to text while driving

I see that in previous discussions there is no way to do this. I have type in the DR (for driving code) but that makes me type DR in the text box while driving. I hope that Apple finds a fix for this soon. I have clients that have this feature on other phones and I am very jealous. I am a REALTOR and my text goes crazy a lot. I will not answer when driving and I wish I had a way to let my clients know that I am not blowing them off.

Thanks,

Mary

iPhone 6s

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 2:43 PM

3 replies

Apr 30, 2016 2:49 PM in response to The Peakster

The vast majority of us on this forum are all end users like you

Please send feedback, if desired, at http://www.apple.com/feedback

That said 🙂 - have you considered using Siri in that regard - while you are absolutely correct about not responding to texts while driving - Siri has been used as a mechanism to read and respond to texts - there are several articles on it - if you would like to Google the terms

Auto response to text while driving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.