Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my password not recognized when I approve ask to buy notificatoins?

I setup family sharing today and turned on ask to buy for my child for her brand new ipod.

She buys something in the App Store.

I get the notification on my ipad.

I click approve and get the dialog box for entering my password.

I correctly enter my applied password (many many times).

I repeatedly get the dialog box for entering my password as if it's not recognizing it.

What gives?

We have one sad child and one frustrated parent!

Thanks!

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 3:22 PM

Well this one was NOT obvious....

Months ago I changed the email address from a roadrunner email to a gmail email on my ipad. After I did that, I noticed that the app store and icloud login boxes displayed the old roadrunner email address, but I entered my password and things seemed to work just fine...

...until today - when the ask to buy approvals were being rejected. I'm thinking it was try to log into icloud with the old roadrunner email address, and unlike app store etc it was not using the new gmail address.

I signed out of the ipad - and got all sorts of scary sounding messages of deleting accounts etc...but I went ahead anyway, and then I signed back in using the gmail account. And then the ask to buy approvals started going through.

For years apple had a reputation of being intuitive. But I think they've made things incomprehensible as they've expanded their ecosystem. And people bump into disconnects like this one.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2016 3:22 PM in response to sctkll

Well this one was NOT obvious....

Months ago I changed the email address from a roadrunner email to a gmail email on my ipad. After I did that, I noticed that the app store and icloud login boxes displayed the old roadrunner email address, but I entered my password and things seemed to work just fine...

...until today - when the ask to buy approvals were being rejected. I'm thinking it was try to log into icloud with the old roadrunner email address, and unlike app store etc it was not using the new gmail address.

I signed out of the ipad - and got all sorts of scary sounding messages of deleting accounts etc...but I went ahead anyway, and then I signed back in using the gmail account. And then the ask to buy approvals started going through.

For years apple had a reputation of being intuitive. But I think they've made things incomprehensible as they've expanded their ecosystem. And people bump into disconnects like this one.

Why is my password not recognized when I approve ask to buy notificatoins?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.