Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recording multiple tracks not working?

I am trying to record multiple voices, one on each track. I don't want them to record at the same time, I want to choose one and record a bit in there then choose the track under it and record on that one but everytime I hit record it defaults to record on the top track one instead of the one below. I googled it and found that I am supposed to use two different inputs and then "Enable Multitrack Recording" but that last part I can't seem to find, how to I enable multitrack recording?

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 4:57 PM

2 replies

Apr 30, 2016 5:36 PM in response to Shirley Dunn

Shirley, if you are recording the tracks one at a time, you only need to click the "Record enable" button in the track header of the track you want to record to.

"Enable Multitrack Recording" is not necessary.

Click the Track menu: Track > Trackheader > Show Record Enable button

The Record Enable button should only be red for the track you are currently recording.

User uploaded file

Which GarageBAnd version are you using? My screenshot is from GarageBand 10.1.1

Apr 30, 2016 10:07 PM in response to Shirley Dunn

"Enable multitrack recording"? I thought you specifically said you were only trying to record on one track at once? I think you're confused. The track you're trying to record might not be record-enabled, it might be locked, or you might not have that track selected. (Make sure you click on the actual track listing, not just a region in that track)

Recording multiple tracks not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.