Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus in iPad air2, Safari blocked, anybody similar issue?

HI, was using safari and got message to call apple support , now safari is blocked, called apple and said , have to pay $35.+ dls and they will fix this issue? never heard of this, have anyone one got this msg or issue, was using iPad air2, I have never jailbreak my devices.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 4:44 PM

Any such message will be a scam. It was not Apple that you called. Hopefully you didn't divulge any personal or financial info to the scammers.

Double tap the Home button then swipe upwards on the Safari preview.

Go to: Settings - Safari - Clear History.

Restart Safari

12 replies

May 1, 2016 12:27 AM in response to John Galt

Thanks John I read it , good info , the one that appeared on my browser today, was none of those, it has this number 1-844-823-6760 and it said that my photos, passwords and personal info was compromised and could be hacked, so I just mad a report to apple to make them aware of it, hope they can do something about it, thanks to all I was able to use safari again, thanks guys

May 28, 2016 1:44 PM in response to Thon1618

Hello,

I too faced a similar issue today and ended up calling on that number. He took my personal information i.e. Name, phone number, address and email id. I was then being asked to install some app and pay $34 for it. I knew something was fishy and I immediately disconnected the call. I called Apple and cleared the browsing history in safari. I changed my apple id password too. I did not give out any financial information nor the IMEI of the phone. Do I need to take any more precautionary steps or is this good enough?

Thanks,

Darshan

May 28, 2016 11:56 PM in response to dashar11

HI Dashar11, I believe as long as you don't provide credit a card information, passwords or any other vital info will be ok, hope apple can do something about it , looks like in my case the pop up came after I cleared my history , but it appears that this issue happened on certain sites, so I stopped using that site , hope it won't happen again to you.

Thon1618

Virus in iPad air2, Safari blocked, anybody similar issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.