Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you click through and delete pics?

System: MacBook Pro 15 Inch w retina, running the 2nd to latest IOS on 4/30/16

This seems like a very very basic thing to do, but how can I open a photo and click my arrow keys to view them one by one, in full screen/resolution, in chronological order, then delete?

I asked 2 geniuses over the phone about this and have not been able to get a satisfying answer. For example: on my PC, I put the RAW .CR2 images on the computer and I can click on any image and it will open up in the windows photo viewer, full size (although it takes a couple sections to reach full resolution, which is fine) and I can either press the delete key to send the file to the recycle bin or the right or left arrow keys to go through the photos in chronological order.

Why do I have to open each picture one by one? A genius taught me one way to scroll through, but it only works on all the pics in the same row. Once you get to the end of the row, you have to close the photo and open the first photo of the next row to start. Very silly, very tedious.

I have lightroom but I also can't figure out how to make the images full screen to click through in there so im at a loss. I also don't want to import photos into lightroom that I'm not using as to me it gets very messy.

Please help me! I have a photo assignment involving over 4,200 pics and I need my workflow/going through to be as quick as possible.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), iOS 9.3

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2016 1:26 PM

Not sure I am addressing your question but I just tried this in Photos

Clicking the arrow continues to bring the pictures into focus without stopping at the end / beginning of a row and using the backspace or delete key I was able to delete images (2 clicks as it asks me before deleting)

Also as you probably know next to the 3 switches - there is the prior page arrow and next to that is a sideline viewer (for want of a better term) - clicking on that opens the image thumbnails so you can view them as you scroll - it is directly under File

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2016 1:26 PM in response to liznikols

Not sure I am addressing your question but I just tried this in Photos

Clicking the arrow continues to bring the pictures into focus without stopping at the end / beginning of a row and using the backspace or delete key I was able to delete images (2 clicks as it asks me before deleting)

Also as you probably know next to the 3 switches - there is the prior page arrow and next to that is a sideline viewer (for want of a better term) - clicking on that opens the image thumbnails so you can view them as you scroll - it is directly under File

May 6, 2016 7:01 PM in response to ManSinha

How? I had to import the photos which I didn't want to do. When I upload photos, I do it straight to my harddrive. This always saves the pics to my computer which I don't like. Am I able to import photos from my Sandisk ro whatever my hard drive, bypassing putting it on my computer? And I want to be able to click through them like this and delete as I go.

I'm not referring to editing the pics. I have lightroom and photoshop for that. I'm only concerned with being able to go through the pics and delete the ones I don't want. I want to do this without putting pics on my laptop.

May 7, 2016 1:37 AM in response to ManSinha

Am I able to import photos from my SD card to my external hard drive, instead of having to import them onto the computer and then put them on the external drive? And I want to be able to click through them and delete them on the external hard drive the same way I can click through and delete them from my computer through the photos app.

Am I able to view the photos on my external drive through the photos app? My main point is, I don't want to have to download things to my computer.

May 7, 2016 1:53 AM in response to liznikols

Several ways of doing this

Am I able to import photos from my SD card to my external hard drive, instead of having to import them onto the computer

Yes, you can do this with the Finder - drag and drop - or iImage Capture (in the Applications Folder).

click through them and delete them on the external hard drive the same way I can click through and delete them from my computer through the photos app.

Option one:

Click on the first Photo. Tap the Space Bar to view it. Want to keep it? Tap the down arrow on the keyboard. Want to dump it? Command-delete

Option two:

Put your photos library on the external

How do you click through and delete pics?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.