Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s suddenly restarts and now stuck in recovery mode with error 4005 in iTunes

Hello,

I woke up , found my iPhone heating and restarting, i tried to stop that and it opened to iOS , then it restarts again, looked up online and connected it to iTunes and i got fix iPhone message it needed to be updated.

I never jailbreak the phone, it's totally new, and i updated it to last version of iOS 9.3.1 last week on the device itself but the problem happened after 3 days.

I followed through, but every time i'm facing error [4005] and iTunes look like that:

the iPhone "iPhone" could not be updated. an unknown error occurred (4005).

User uploaded file

And i receive White screen with apple logo in the middle and it just hangs.

I followed up with every solution i found online, i even contacted apple customer support but no luck.

iPhone is Stuck in Recovery Mode when i turn it on.

Any help? i'm trying to get fixed as much as i can but all the stores will open only next week because of the holidays we have locally.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 5:14 PM

9 replies

Apr 30, 2016 5:20 PM in response to minaaboud

Sorry that you are having issues with the phone

Here is Apple's official support document

If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device - Apple Support

If the steps in there do not help - and I see that you have listed you have undertaken a few of them then

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

May 2, 2016 10:25 PM in response to Luitie

Hello Luitie,

I'm sorry that you have the same problem , it's really un-pleasant, if you have tried all the available solutions and no luck, like myself! then it might be a hardware issue.

I went to the local service center authorized by apple and told it's a hardware issue, Apple Care phone support, after i sent them diagnostic data, confirmed that too! under a "might be".

I suggest you go to the local authorized service provider.

i'm very upset that this happened. but hopefully we get ours fixed asap - as i might wait 8 weeks before i receive a replacement :/ due to some unclear issues as they are saying at costumes in egypt.

May 3, 2016 10:09 AM in response to minaaboud

Hi

Just try the following .

Make sure your PC is running the latest itunes 12.3.3

Turn iphone off.

Connect lead to USB on your PC

Press & hold power button down don,t let go

On iPhone

Connect lead to iphone keep power button

Pressed down until PC sees iPhone

Then wait for restore .

You may need to do this more than once.

Let me know if it works .

Cheers

Brian

iPhone 6s suddenly restarts and now stuck in recovery mode with error 4005 in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.