Related Article: Printer and scanner drivers for Mac

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Printer Utility

Is there a version of Apple Printer Utility available that works in OS X? I have a version that works in OS 9.2.2. I need it in order to change the IP address of an Apple Laserwriter 12/640 printer.

Thank you

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.53 GHz), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 6:30 PM

4 replies

May 20, 2016 8:30 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks for the info. I have learned how to access the Apple Laserwriter 12/640 config. file using Telnet. Luckily I keep an old Mac Pro Desktop with Tiger and found the printer driver on it and copied it to my El Capitan laptop. It works as an IP printer using the old driver.

As usual with Apple, why keep the old drivers as many other companies do, and help the customer.

I like Apple but they are to controlling.

Irvingbf

May 20, 2016 8:31 PM in response to Irving Freeman

Irving Freeman wrote:

Thanks for the info. I have learned how to access the Apple Laserwriter 12/640 config. file using Telnet. Luckily I keep an old Mac Pro Desktop with Tiger and found the printer driver on it and copied it to my El Capitan laptop. It works as an IP printer using the old driver.

As usual with Apple, why keep the old drivers as many other companies do, and help the customer.

I like Apple but they are to controlling.

Irvingbf

Good computing Irving Freeman !

Apple Printer Utility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.