Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to build Automator Service around an e-mail address selected in Safari?

I know how to arrange workflows that allow me to send either selection or URL in e-mail message to the selected persons or myself. In addition to that, I'd like to be able to send E-mail message to ANY E-mail address which is not active link but a text so that the workflow would interpret that as an E-mail address and pop a new E-mail message window with the selected E-mail address being automatically copied to the "To" field. Is it possible by means of Automator? Maybe with the help of AppleScript?

The workflows I was talking about in the beginning of this post are quit similar:

Send selected text to the person/me Send the selected URL both as the Subject and as the Message Body to the

person/me

1. Service receives text (URL in the other workflow) as input in Safari. 1.

2. Set Value of Variable ("Text") Get Current Web-Page

3. Get Current Web-Page Set Value of Variable ("URL of the page")

4. Get Value of Variable Get Current Web-Page

5. Compose a New Mail Message Get Value of Variable

6. Send Outgoing Mail Messages Set Value of Variable ("Exact time")

7.Compose a New Mail Message

8. Send Outgoing Mail Messages

In both of these I placed references to corresponding variables (URL and Time) in the Subject field but I noticed it was the only field of New Mail Message that would allow me to drag-n-drop that reference from where variables are stored. It would place text in the Text Body of the New Mail Message action successfully but I can't make it place Email variable that I created to the "To" field like in these workflows.

How do I achieve this?

Thanks.

Mac OS X (10.7.5), MacBook Pro 15.4 mid-2012

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 4:39 PM

There are no replies.

How to build Automator Service around an e-mail address selected in Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.