Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I enable autocapitalization? (for Pages 5.6.1)

I'm not sure if I never noticed this before or if I did something without realizing it, but now my computer won't autocapitalize the first letter of every sentence. Is there any way to enable autocapitalize text in Pages?

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), null

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 6:52 PM

5 replies

May 1, 2016 1:01 AM in response to bevpaz97

Hi Bev,

Devon WordService is a free collection of services that you can install in your application menu. The "Change case" service in the collection won't quite automate sentence capitalization, but will change the first letter in every sentence of a selected block of text into a capital with a single trip to the application menu's Services section. The link will take you Devon Technologies, and a page of the freeware they offer.

Regards,

Barry

May 1, 2016 1:17 AM in response to Barry

Barry,

WordService is in the OS X app store.

However, its Initial Caps of Sentences service will downcase any proper nouns in the sentence when it capitalizes the first letter of the sentence. I filed a bug report with Devon, and they confirm it was turned over to their engineering team. For this reason, I am not recommending WordService, or more specifically, this particular Initial Caps of Sentences service item, until it is fixed.

I continue to recommend the shift key. 😉

May 1, 2016 1:34 AM in response to VikingOSX

"I continue to recommend the shift key. 😉"

Works for me! 😉

Thanks for the note on WordService. It's been a while since I looked at it, and it seems to have either disappeared from this machine when I installed El Cap, or to have been installed on my iBook some time in the past, and not re-installed on the MBPro when I got that. Can't have been something I used every day...

How do I enable autocapitalization? (for Pages 5.6.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.