Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone screen unresponsive

I have an iPhone 6 (with the latest iOS updates) that is one year and four months old. From February, it has started to become unresponsive to the extent that sometimes it is impossible to get anything done. I need to switch it on and off several times to for example get text message written. Everything else works, but the screen just doesn't respond to touch.

I called Apple Support, and they were very nice and took me through diagnostics and all. I reset the phone a couple of times, set it as new, used the backup to retrieve the data but soon after these very laborious processes the phone got back to its bad habits of non-responsiveness.

I am puzzled. The diagnostic showed no hardware problems but a few software crashes. So, the iPhone should be good as new, but I am stuck with this issue.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 7:38 PM

1 reply

Apr 30, 2016 11:26 PM in response to Mariusariel

If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch - Apple Support

Since you already spoke with Apple support - you may have undertaken many of the actions described

Here is an experiment which would essentially test for corruption in your current content

Backup the iPhone to iTunes

Restore as NEW - not from backup - using iTunes to do the restore

Use the phone as new (as-is) for a day or two loading only the minimal needed content / apps

See if the problems recur - if they do not - restore backup -

If problems recur - then it is most likely a hardware issue

iPhone screen unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.