Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3.6 applying corrupted straightening to exported images

Hi all, following my latest OSX update I've noticed that Aperture 3 is incorrectly exporting images that have straightening applied. However, it's only happening to images that had other adjustments (levels, crop etc.) applied before the software update. If I reset all adjustments and start again the exports are fine (obviously I don't really want to re-edit all my files...).

This is happening to all of my images, regardless of origin (ie. files from a GR, EM5, GH2 and scanned 35mm negs) and regardless of export format.

Any ideas?

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), Aperture 3.6

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 7:36 PM

5 replies

May 1, 2016 2:27 AM in response to empty_kingdom

See this discussion: straight

wer-auch-immerApr 23, 2016 1:05 AM Re: straight
in response to wer-auch-immerSolved

Now I realize how the error can be reproduced. the error occurs when the straighten tool and Levels adjustmen tcontrols are used.

The bug seems only to happen, if one of the adjustments is the "Curves" adjustment. Are you seeing the same?

the Curves adjustment seems to modify the straighten angle in a random way. So you will see it or large values of straightening and for smaller angles not at all. And it may change over time, like for a program error with uninitialized variables or buffer overflows.

Sometimes adding the Curves will even corrupt the thumbnails and the exported image:

User uploaded file

Aperture 3.6 applying corrupted straightening to exported images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.