Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue screen login loop snow leopard

I have a 2008 MacBook running Snow Leooard. Never had any problems till now. I like to use it to connect to our tv with a mini dvi/hdmi adapter. One night I was watching an online show when it froze on me. The screen on the tv it was connected to wouldnt move at all then suddenly the desktop was frozen too. I had to use the power button to shutdown and restart. When I restarted, it booted up, showed the desktop for a second then went to a blue screen that alternated to a different blue screen with a loa icon. When I connect the tv( I have it as a second screen not mirrored) it flashes a similar screen as its detecting displays and all then shows the desktop on both. So I think I have an issue with the mini dvi trying to connect and not. Plugged or unplugged, same issue. First off I have no other computer to connect to it or the startup disk to run u from or reinstall. it does same thing in safe mode too. It briefly shows the desktop then stays on the blue screen. I reset PRAM. In single user mode I checked disk it says it's ok. Tried some of the other commands I found online but it can't find those files. What can I do in single user mode to get past this? My computer is useless right now. Any Help is appreciated.

OBS MacBook (13-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 6:35 PM

There are no replies.

Blue screen login loop snow leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.