Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Id touch not working when iPad Pro 9.7 is charging

My iPad Pro 9.7 running iOS 9.3.1 is only a few days old and working perfectly except for one issue...

When connected to the charger the ID Touch does not recognize fingerprints to unlock device. As soon as I unplug the charges, all works fine again. I have already discussed with Apple, however, we thought the factory reset fixed the problem, but in reality all that changed was that the charger got unplugged. Before I go back to Apple again, I thought I would check with the experts. :-)

thank you...

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 10:41 AM

various reasons are cited -

1. Low power mode

2. Electrical interference

3. Non standard charger

Not sure there is a single solution

iPhone 5s Touch ID not working while plugged in on charge, charging.

2 replies

May 1, 2016 10:59 AM in response to ManSinha

Thank you for the response. It turned out that I figured out the same last night just before going to bed. When I experienced this behavior originally, it was when I was cable connected to iTunenon my desktop PC. When I thought the full reset did the job and ll was working again, I had disconnected the PC cable. Then yesterday it happened again in a doddering room. I unplugged the cable and it worked. Then I checked the cable and found that I had it plugged into an off brand adapter that came with a phone doc a while back. It was a 2.1 amp adapter, but it was not white and did not say Apple on it. I replaced it with a white one that did say Apple in the fine print, and all then worked properly ever after. Who ever said that Apple was any less proprietary today than historically?

the more interesting part is that I spent a good hour on a chat with Apple the other night and they came up with nothing other than a factory reset, which we all thought did the job until I got under the hood.

All good now, no thanks to Apple... Thank you for confirming my theory.

Id touch not working when iPad Pro 9.7 is charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.