Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not showing in viewer

Aperture version 3.6, OS X El Capitan version 10.11.4, 2.66 GHz INtel Core i%, 4GB memory 1067 MHz DDR3, storage capacity 1TG.

Photos show up in browser as thumbnails, but if I double click on a photo to open it, it does not show in the viewer (the screen is black, but if I move the cursor on the screen, the photo data is there, as I can see it move with the cursor). I tried to generate a preview by righ-clicking on the photo and holding down the option key, but it didn't fix the problem. I also tried repairing the database, repairing the permissions and rebuilding the database (by holding down the option and command keys while starting up Aperture). Any ideas what else I should try?

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 8:30 PM

Fixed the problem by shutting down the Mac, and turning it on again while holding down the option+command+P+R keys and letting it chime twice before letting go.

1 reply

Photos not showing in viewer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.