Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EndNote X7 - Chicago, Pages 5.6.1

Hello all,

I recently purchased EndNote X7 and downloaded the plug-in for Pages 5.6.1. When I try to enter a citation using the Chicago style, the name of the book I am citing does not appear in italics as the Chicago style requires.

Also, subsequent references to an already referenced document automatically appear as "Ibid", instead of the abbreviated form of the original document citation (my university requires this).

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Is there perhaps some update I have missed or some patch available?

Many Thanks

Pneumato

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 8:40 PM

2 replies

May 1, 2016 12:14 AM in response to Pneumato

The EndNote v2.0 Plug-in was released in Oct 2013 for Pages v5.0. That was 2.5 years ago, and it has not been updated since that time to keep up with changes brought about by several intervening Pages (and EndNote) updates. Adding to this mixture, only Thomson Reuters knows just how compatible EndNote X7.5.1.1 (2/2016) is with Pages v5.6.1 on El Capitan, and probably know one knows whether that plug-in is fully functional after all this time.

The Pages product management and engineering teams do not participate in the Apple Support Communities, and we are not Apple employees. Here are your options:

1. Your best bet is to realize that EndNote X7.5.1.1 is now compatible with Word 2016 in a fully updated Office 2016 for Mac installation.

No longer have to wonder what that outdated EndNote v2.0 plug-in is doing or not doing.

2. Second best is that you launch EndNote X7.5.1.1 or later before you launch Pages, and your issues magically go away.
  3. Third best is to post in the EndNote support forums, and hope someone has information for you.

Jul 12, 2016 12:48 PM in response to VikingOSX

That's a pretty crappy reply. So the moral is that we should stop using apple products and use microsoft? That's lame! I've also had the same problem with missing italics and it matters not in which order I open the programs. This was never a problem before apple made everything cloud-based. They launched all the new programs before they were really ready--very microsoft move--and after years of problems the programs are still not as functional as before. I'm very dissapointed.

EndNote X7 - Chicago, Pages 5.6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.