Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple ID is locked

My apple ID is locked and the website continues to run me around. I need help.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 8:53 PM

1 reply

May 2, 2016 8:35 AM in response to calpaulyws

Hi there calpaulws,

It sounds like you are getting a prompt that your Apple ID has been locked. I would use the following article to help you get that resolved:

If your Apple ID is locked

If your Apple ID is locked for security reasons, you might see one of these alerts:

• “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons”
  • "You can't sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons"
  • "This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons"

When you see one of these alerts, you can go to iforgot.apple.com to unlock your account with your existing password or to reset your password. After multiple unsuccessful attempts to unlock your account, your Apple ID will remain locked and you can try again the next day.

If you use two-step verification, you need to use your recovery key and a trusted device. And if you use two-factor authentication, you need a trusted device or trusted phone number to unlock your Apple ID.

If you see a message that is different from the alerts above and you can't reset your password, contact us for help.

Learn more

After you change your password, you might need to update it in your iCloud settings and in any Apple services that you sign in to with your Apple ID. Learn more about Apple ID and where you can use it.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities, all the best!

apple ID is locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.