Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts, safeguard a podcaster can take to prevent getting streaming links?

Hi all,

A podcast I listen to keeps giving me streaming links instead of the actual podcast. The podcast is All Things Radio, and in the podcast description, they like to put links to the streams of the radio stations they feature in the podcast description. I'm fine with this, except that sometimes when the podcast is pushed to my phone, all it is is a link to a station's stream. Is there anything I can tell them to do to make sure that, when it's pushed out to the iTunes store, that the correct link to the podcast is used for the feed 100% of the time? It's getting really annoying to have to go to the website when I should just be able to get it on the phone.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3, also have Dell laptop with Windows

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 11:28 PM

Not sure that this would be technically a device issue per se - your best bet would be contact the company that makes the podcast available to the iTunes store and discuss with them

6 replies

May 1, 2016 1:18 PM in response to ManSinha

Ok no it's not a device issue, wasn't really sure where to put it. I do contact the producers of the podcast, and usually they're pretty good about making sure it's fixed for the next podcast or two or three, but eventually it breaks again. After one time that this happened, they addressed it on the podcast and said that it all depends on the link Apple chooses to take, but they always put the link for the podcast first. I'm not sure if the podcast where they feature WRMM is still in the iTunes feed or not, but that one worked as it should, but the others around it don't.

Podcasts, safeguard a podcaster can take to prevent getting streaming links?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.