Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

playlist 1

Hi all,

Any idea what's causing this? I created a playlist called Shuffle, the intent of which was to put songs in order that they came up in top 25 most played, followed by skipps in the same fashion, and lastly everything else that hadn't been added so far. As I got to creating this playlist, I kept finding playlists called Shuffle 1, with the same content in them. Worse is that the original Shuffle playlist wasn't updating properly in iTunes, so a few of the songs I had in the playlist were lost. What's causing this and how do I prevent it?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3, also have Dell laptop with Windows

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 9:39 PM

5 replies

May 1, 2016 6:39 AM in response to bobdavcav

Hello Bob,

Sorry,we are a little confused by what you are trying to do. Yes, you can create a Regular playlist, and add songs in the order you describe. Does that part work OK?

Of course, if you are going to play that list in shuffle mode, it will not matter what order they are in anyway. As far as "updating," that would only apply to a Smart playlist, not a Regular playlist, unless you are doing it manually.

If you clarify the problem, perhaps someone here can hep to troubleshoot.

May 1, 2016 7:30 AM in response to bobdavcav

Are you syncing the playlist between your phone and the computer?

If you do, iTunes seems to assume that the phone version is the newest and will update the computer version with that one. So if you change the list on the phone then sync the computer list is changed. If you change the list on the computer it thinks you wouldnt want to mess up your phone version and makes a backup for you e.g. Playlist 1.

I think you may want to turn off syncing and check that "manually move" box. Then you can just drag that list to the phone.

playlist 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.