Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i change my iphone 5c 8GB for one with more GB

I have an iphone 5c 8GB it has applecare, I would like to know if is possible to exchange it for an iphone 5c with more GB

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 9:38 PM

1 reply

May 1, 2016 9:42 AM in response to larac404

Hey larac404,

AppleCare is great to have, but is used for repairs and service at the Genius Bar. When a repair or a replacement is performed at the Genius Bar, the product is like-for-like, so the device's AppleCare coverage would not affect your ability to switch iPhone models or storage options. This doesn't mean you're out of luck though! Within two weeks of purchase, a switch to a higher storage option is absolutely possible (assuming it was purchased at an Apple Store, otherwise please look into the return policy of the location you purchased the device at). Outside of the two week return window, Apple has an initiative titled Apple Renew that was made for people who are looking to trade up from their older devices. Each phone has a different value, and can either be traded up online via various shipping methods, or can be brought directly into an Apple Store to have it done in person.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask or explore the following website:

Apple Renew and Recycling

can i change my iphone 5c 8GB for one with more GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.