Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A group chat has me twice. My phone number and my iCloud. How do I kick my iCloud out of there and leave only my phone number?

That's basically it. A group chat with my friends contains me twice. So, when I type into it with my phone, I get the blue box from me but then a grey box from my iCloud shows up on the left like it's a separate person. I want to kick iCloud me out of the convo.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 10:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2016 10:49 AM

Hi there Ozioso,

It sounds like you are wanting to live a group message that you were added to on your iPhone. If it is an iMessage conversation you should be able to remove yourself with these steps:

Send a group message with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

User uploaded file

Leave a group iMessage conversation

To leave a conversation, tap Details, then tap Leave this Conversation. If you don't see Leave this Conversation on your iOS device, get the latest version of iOS. If someone in the group isn't using iMessage or an iOS device, they might not be able to leave the conversation.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2016 10:49 AM in response to Ozioso

Hi there Ozioso,

It sounds like you are wanting to live a group message that you were added to on your iPhone. If it is an iMessage conversation you should be able to remove yourself with these steps:

Send a group message with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

User uploaded file

Leave a group iMessage conversation

To leave a conversation, tap Details, then tap Leave this Conversation. If you don't see Leave this Conversation on your iOS device, get the latest version of iOS. If someone in the group isn't using iMessage or an iOS device, they might not be able to leave the conversation.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

A group chat has me twice. My phone number and my iCloud. How do I kick my iCloud out of there and leave only my phone number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.