Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i shattered my screen so i ordered a new phone but i need to back up the pictures and contacts on my old phone but i can't type my passcode in bc the shattered screen won't let me so what do i do

i shattered my screen so i ordered a new phone but i need to back up the pictures and contacts on my old phone but i can't type my passcode in bc the shattered screen won't let me so what do i do

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 9:00 PM

1 reply

Apr 30, 2016 9:02 PM in response to abcddcbsas

There is nothing that you could do, except to have the screen replaced on the device. Hopefully there is nothing more wrong than just the screen being cracked, and your data would be safe. This does, however, show that you should be doing regular backups of the device and importing important photos on a regular basis. This way, the chance of losing important information is minimized.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.