Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magic mouse 2 looses connection

My magic mouse 2 is loaded (88%) and connected via bluetooth to my macbook pro (late 2011, OS X El Capitan 10.11.4). Occasionally it looses connection and after a short while reconnects, what should i do to have it connected continuously, i mean without temperamental disconnections?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), late 2011

Posted on May 1, 2016 2:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2016 1:00 AM

Hello heide1,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your Magic Mouse 2 is experiencing temporary disconnects and intermittently stops responding. We know that situations like this can be frustrating, but we’re here to help.

To begin troubleshooting, I suggest reading over and working through the steps located in the following article.

Your mouse or keyboard intermittently stops responding

Follow these steps if your mouse or keyboard sometimes stops responding temporarily.

Click or press a key

Click the mouse or trackpad or press a key on the keyboard to reconnect the device to the computer. It may take a moment for the device to respond.

Check for signal interference

• Wireless networks that operate on 2.4GHz may cause interference. Move cordless phone base stations, microwave ovens, and other 2.4GHz electrical devices away from your Mac if you suspect interference.
  • Keep wireless devices within 10 meters (approximately 30 feet) of your Mac.
  • Avoid putting metal objects between your wireless device and your Mac.

If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad aren't working as expected - Apple Support

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2016 1:00 AM in response to heide1

Hello heide1,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your Magic Mouse 2 is experiencing temporary disconnects and intermittently stops responding. We know that situations like this can be frustrating, but we’re here to help.

To begin troubleshooting, I suggest reading over and working through the steps located in the following article.

Your mouse or keyboard intermittently stops responding

Follow these steps if your mouse or keyboard sometimes stops responding temporarily.

Click or press a key

Click the mouse or trackpad or press a key on the keyboard to reconnect the device to the computer. It may take a moment for the device to respond.

Check for signal interference

• Wireless networks that operate on 2.4GHz may cause interference. Move cordless phone base stations, microwave ovens, and other 2.4GHz electrical devices away from your Mac if you suspect interference.
  • Keep wireless devices within 10 meters (approximately 30 feet) of your Mac.
  • Avoid putting metal objects between your wireless device and your Mac.

If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad aren't working as expected - Apple Support

Cheers!

magic mouse 2 looses connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.