Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot launch podcast from browser

My podcast shows up and plays fine in iTunes. In browsers, it shows up fine, but when I click the Play button, Apple sends me to an iTunes download page. I already have a fully-updated iTunes installed, but iTunes' browser keeps sending me to download it again. The only solution is for listeners to open iTunes and search for the podcast. My podcast page in iTunes' browser output is useless and confusing.

Posted on May 1, 2016 3:07 AM

4 replies

May 1, 2016 3:26 AM in response to dj003

When you say 'in browsers' do you mean the web page version of the iTunes Store page? What operating system are you using? And what is the URL of your Store page? - it's not possible to make any sort of answer without these. If you are using a Mac I will check it out. If you are using Windows you should ask in the iTunes for Windows forum and get someone there to check it out.

May 1, 2016 5:50 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

In Chrome and Explorer, the only functioning button is "I have iTunes." All "View in iTunes" buttons are defective, because they fail to recognize when the PC already has iTunes. In Firefox, there is no "I have iTunes" button, but the "View in iTunes" buttons only take you to the home screen in iTunes (not to the podcast in the browser).

Very user-unfriendly in the extreme. Sigh. The endless war between Apple and Microsoft, persisting even with Jobs gone and Gates retired.

Cannot launch podcast from browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.