Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fail to start and dvd stuck

Today my 17" failed to start for the first time, it showed as having 2% battery and went off, so I connected the power and went to turn it on, but despite hours of trying it continues to fail. Have tried many online suggestions how to fix but no success, one of these was take off back and if battery is labeled do not remove to simply unplug the small chord and then re-connect but nothing is working. I can hear the noise as normal but nothing is visible, you can hear the normal noises, but the screen stays blank. Next I thought I would try inserting a disk and this was grasped but cannot eject it. Any suggestions how to get it working greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Late 2011), iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 11:53 PM

5 replies

May 1, 2016 4:13 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

Unfortunately nothing worked.

the screen remains black, so I cannot see anything to try some of the suggestions. I was able to try each option in relation to ejecting the disk but no luck.

The LED shows as yellow, once when re-connecting it showed green as if full, but when I took it off and re-attached it, it was back to yellow.

When I press the caps key the green light comes on to indicate the caps are turned on.

TOday is the first time I have experienced any problems, but I simply cannot work out how to fix it.

Fail to start and dvd stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.