Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop not working with my laptop and iphone at home but works at my office?

Soo this is interesting.

At work my MacBook Pro and iPhone have no issues with Airdrop. But when I get home they will not see each other. They are on the same Wifi network and Bluetooth and Wifi turned on!?!?!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 10:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 10:20 PM

Make sure that both the MacBook Pro and iPhone are connect to the same Wi-Fi Network. When using airdrop, I suggest changing the settings to 'everyone' where it says "who can see me?" while you are at home. Doing this may rectify the issue. If it doesn't, let me know simply by replying to this and I will send across further support.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2016 10:20 PM in response to jujuboy

Make sure that both the MacBook Pro and iPhone are connect to the same Wi-Fi Network. When using airdrop, I suggest changing the settings to 'everyone' where it says "who can see me?" while you are at home. Doing this may rectify the issue. If it doesn't, let me know simply by replying to this and I will send across further support.

Airdrop not working with my laptop and iphone at home but works at my office?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.