Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text suddenly goes way big

This happens rather often: I’m reading something in Safari/Google or an attachment in Mail and the image suddenly goes way too big.

To return things to normal, I have to hit command/0 -- as in zero. (Hey, it just happened now writing this!)

Please tell me what's going on and if there's a way to stop this.

Fortes

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 11:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 5:31 PM

You are triggering smart zoom either with a gentle double-tap of a single finger on your mouse, or trackpad. This can be disabled in the mouse preferences, unless you are using a third-party pointing device. Also, check your Zoom settings in your System Preferences : Accessibility panel.

2 replies

May 4, 2016 5:48 PM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks for that. Actually I didn't hit Correct Answer, just This Helped me because I'm not entirely sure -- thing is, if I remember right, the problem also happened when I wasn't even touching the mouse.

Anyway I did as you said right away, turned off/unclicked "Smart zoom" in Mouse preferences and made "Spring-loaded delay" in Accessibility as long as possible, and the problem hasn't happened again in the past few days. Which is great!

Text suddenly goes way big

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.