Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to access Exchange mails?

Hello,

My company is using Exchange server. I tried to use Mail on El Capitan but it downloaded all emails and eats up the disk capacity. Some articles advised to login to the 365 portal, but it advised to download the MS Office package, which I assume will also download all emails. The Web App URL is restricted only for internal access.

Is there any other way to access the emails without downloading all, something like a web app or maybe other application besides Mail?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 11:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2016 8:46 PM

The other ways you can access Exchange are through Outlook (which would be an app on your machine) and Outlook Web Access (which you mention is restricted for internal use)

Perhaps the other way - if your IT supports it - is to access your workspace using Citrix - one downloads the free app from the Mac store and then logs into a virtual desktop environment at work. It needs to be enabled and supported by your work IT team though

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2016 8:46 PM in response to Moccy

The other ways you can access Exchange are through Outlook (which would be an app on your machine) and Outlook Web Access (which you mention is restricted for internal use)

Perhaps the other way - if your IT supports it - is to access your workspace using Citrix - one downloads the free app from the Mac store and then logs into a virtual desktop environment at work. It needs to be enabled and supported by your work IT team though

May 7, 2016 8:52 PM in response to ManSinha

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your advise. Actually I'm from IT division but the governance of email is managed by other team. By far there's no feature to access the Exchange server through web access. I have a virtual desktop account accessible through web-based Citrix login, but I'm not sure if the citrix connection can be done through private computer.

Otherwise, is there any setting in Mail to allow downloading the header only?

May 7, 2016 9:08 PM in response to Moccy

The citrix log can be done through a private computer - all we have at work are virtual desktop log ins

The work provides a PC to anyone who wants it

I use a Mac and so log into the virtual environment using safari and a token

Also you may want to consider a download of Office if provided by your work - it would have to be Office for Mac

How to access Exchange mails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.