Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Border of the touchscreen is not very accurate, iPhone SE

Product: iPhone SE 16GB

Version: 9.3.1 (13E238)

A half inches from the four borders of the screen, I missed to tap what I want quite frequently. I found that I have to tap a very little bit closer towards the center of the screen so as to have a correct tap. For example, if I need to hit P in the keyboard of a portrait screen, I have to tap a bit closer to O in order to have P pressed, same thing happen when I want to tap some buttons in games (so it is not only about keyboard).

Is it about the parallax matter of the triangle formed by the width of the screen and the point where I look at the screen? Therefore it is by design of the iOS? It may be a good idea if one has a larger phone and the screen is wider. User does not look at the screen perpendicularly for all points of wider screens. However, I used iPhone4 and some other android phones before, did not have similar issue.

My friend who also bought iPhone SE 64GB lately, he has the same feeling as well, misses his taps around the border.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you.

iPhone SE, iOS 9.3.1, Version: 9.3.1 (13E238)

Posted on May 1, 2016 12:56 AM

1 reply

Border of the touchscreen is not very accurate, iPhone SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.