Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatic download full e-mail message (incl attachment) on iPad - so I can work off-line on e-mails

i would like to automatically and fully download my e-mails (incl attachments) when connected to the network (WiFi or 4G), so that I can work on my e-mails when 'off-line' (i.e. In plane). Now I get often the the error message 'mesasage not downloaded from server'. Please your assistance.

iPad Pro, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 1, 2016 12:43 AM

5 replies

May 1, 2016 10:20 PM in response to RobbertM

There is no setting to do that automatically - it may vary on the type of network you are on - some users have reported all their emails get downloaded - others have only indicated the smaller ones do - are you using a POP or IMAP type of account?

Another option is to consider an app like Documents 5 - but you will still have to manually download and store the emails and attachments that you can work from later

May 1, 2016 10:38 PM in response to ManSinha

Hi Mansinha, thanks for taking the time to help me. Unfortunately, despite a good network environment, e-mails are not being downloaded completely, and when working off-line, they come-up with this error message. I work from the cloud (Apple icloud account and Office 365 Cloud), so synchronized on all devices. Both e-mail accounts have the same issue, particularly wrt attachments. I understood that previously there was such a setting In mail....

May 2, 2016 1:54 PM in response to RobbertM

I just went through my own mail settings, and this is what I determined.

For Gmail, I went to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > (Gmail address) and there was no option to download content for offline use.

However, for Outlook, I went to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > (Outlook Address) and there is an option that says "Mail Days to Sync" and I changed it to "No Limit." This seems to have made all emails available.

So my question to you would be, what email provider are you using, and can you check the above place to change the setting?

Automatic download full e-mail message (incl attachment) on iPad - so I can work off-line on e-mails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.