Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to switch App Store

Hello All..

I have been facing an issue for quite a long time and every fix that I try turns out to be ineffective.

I bought my device while residing at United Arab Emirates and created an apple ID to setup the device. A couple of months back, I have returned back to India to stay here permenantly. While setting up the payment mode while in dubai, I chose the option none and app store was working fine.

After I moved back in india, i couldnt update my region settings in Apple ID. If I choose the country as India, its taking me update the payment info and i couldnt see any "none" option there. It shows just the three credit card options. Because of this, I'm unable to download some apps that are available only in Indian Store.

KIndly clarify on this issue. Am I doing something wrong here or does the apple's app store setting and policies are being ridiculously worst in paving an easy to use customer end service? I understand that Apple stands out to be strict regarding security policies. But guys, I just need to install a free app and that is it. To do so, should I have to apply for a new credit card, eventhough i dont want to?

PLease do help me out here.

Thanks.

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 1, 2016 12:24 AM

1 reply

May 1, 2016 12:47 AM in response to Ganiz

When you change countries on an account you won't see 'none' until you've added valid payment details for your new country (they are not credit card options that show, some debit cards are accepted in india), it's a way of confirming that you have a valid billing address in that country : Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support

When you change the country or region of an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method and update your billing options. If you want to remove your payment method after you change the country or region, you can change your payment information to None.

If you don't have a valid credit or debit card you could try contacting iTunes Support and see if there is anything that they can/will do to remove the card requirement

Unable to switch App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.