Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rid unwanted apps

I am fed up with compulsory apps that have been installed on my phone against my will. I have a minimal amount of storage, as I was told at the time of purchase that the phone I wanted only came with 8gb, which I later found out was not true. I cannot do anything on my phone now. Can't take photos, can't update my apps, can't install apps I want or have my music on my phone. It is basically useless for anything other than phone calls.Fontntrynyo gob me off with 'they don't take up mush space' I wouldn't mind if that were true, but when iBooks takes up over 500mb(that's more than the amount I have in photos) health takes up over 400( that's more thank have in music) not to mention the podcasts app, I am starting to get very irritated.

I WANT THESE APPS OFF MY PHONE!

I spend so much time faffing around trying to make space so I can use the thing that I am thinking of buying a samsung like my brother and mum did for the very same reason!

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.3

Posted on May 1, 2016 1:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 10:43 AM

Hi there,

We have all had this problem! I can relate to you in this and have a few tips I can provide.

Firstly, you can't currently delete these apps though you can delete the 'documents and data' in them. It seems likely you have a book downloaded in iBooks. To check go into iBooks, select and then select each book indivdually, if delete turns red, you had the book installed and can delete it.

Also, whilst unofficial, I can reccomend this as it often clears the 'caches' of unused data on your iPhone without deleting anything useful. It got me three gigabytes back!

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/mobiles/iphone-capacity-full-this-cool-trick-wi ll-free-up-space-without-deleting-files-…

All the best and let me know whether any of this helps you! 🙂

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2016 10:43 AM in response to CVWilson86

Hi there,

We have all had this problem! I can relate to you in this and have a few tips I can provide.

Firstly, you can't currently delete these apps though you can delete the 'documents and data' in them. It seems likely you have a book downloaded in iBooks. To check go into iBooks, select and then select each book indivdually, if delete turns red, you had the book installed and can delete it.

Also, whilst unofficial, I can reccomend this as it often clears the 'caches' of unused data on your iPhone without deleting anything useful. It got me three gigabytes back!

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/mobiles/iphone-capacity-full-this-cool-trick-wi ll-free-up-space-without-deleting-files-…

All the best and let me know whether any of this helps you! 🙂

Rid unwanted apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.