Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IoS Update-now 5c will not charge

Apple strikes yet again. Having inherited a 5c from my daughter to replace my iPhone 4, and having spend 4 hours or so trying to copy contacts over to it (another well done Apple for making a right dog's dinner of doing this), I foolishly decided to update the IOS as well.

Big mistake. Having recharged the phone before the upgrade, I now find that I am unable to charge it up - I have tried four different lightening cables (two of which are genuine Apple and one of which was used to successfully charge the 5c initially), none of which are working now. I have tried these cables on an iPad and all four work ok.

At this point, I am expecting to be advised to take the phone to an Apple Bar, but having already paid for the screen to be replaced (and I did recharge the phone AFTER this was done so it shouldn't be the screen replacement causing the problem), I am loathe to donate any more cash to this joke company for yet more problems with the phone.

If anyone has had this problem and has successfully overcome the problem, I would be grateful if you could advise.

With my Apple experiences so far, I hope this will be the last Apple phone I have the displeasure of using!!!

Many thanks.

Windows 10

Posted on May 1, 2016 1:52 AM

1 reply

May 2, 2016 1:23 PM in response to tonymccl

Hi tonymccl,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your iPhone won’t charge and you first noticed this behavior after an update. We know that these type of issues can be frustrating, but we are here to help.

To begin troubleshooting, I suggest reading over and working through the suggested steps in the following article.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

If the issue continues, please reply and let us know so that we can continue to provide assistance. Also, you mention having the screen replaced. Was this replacement completed at an Apple Retail Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider?

Best!

IoS Update-now 5c will not charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.