Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the clip on my ipod shuffle is broke that do?

Hello can you help me?

the clip on my ipod is broken i don't no what to do?

Have you got an idea?

How much that cost?

Thank a lot

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on May 1, 2016 4:26 AM

1 reply

May 1, 2016 5:13 AM in response to ceceb02

2nd gen, 3rd gen, and 4th gen shuffles have clips. Which one do you have? This web site has repair guides, which shows the four types

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/iPod_Shuffle

If you're good at such things, you can probably buy a broken (non-functional) shuffle on eBay of the same type, and swap parts. The clip is a non-technical part, so unless the broken shuffle specifically described as having a broken clip, it should be easy find one with a working clip. I guess it would have to be the same color too, although a multi-colored shuffle might be cool.

If your shuffle is 4th gen, Apple does still "service" them. In this case, what actually happens is you get a replacement unit (in exchange) by paying a fee. According to this document, that fee is $39.

iPod Service Pricing - Apple Support

NOTE: The retail price of a brand new iPod shuffle with docking cable, new headphones, and a one-year warranty is $49.

Also, if your shuffle happens to be less than one year from purchase date, is it covered by warranty (for manufacturing defects).

the clip on my ipod shuffle is broke that do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.