Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s plus battery has gotten terrible in past month?

My iPhone 6s plus battery used to be amazing, since i got it last September it would last all day. I used to charge it at 7am and take it off charge at around 8am every morning and it would normally be at 100%, i would use 3g, music, apps all day and by 4pm it was only on 50-70%. Sometimes the battery wouldn't even go down when i listened to music. But in this last month it was gotten about as bad as my iPhone 5 battery was. The battery will go down so fast. I still leave it to charge till 100% and then listen to music but instead of the battery not going down at all it goes down 10-20%! Now by the time its 4pm my phone is either out of charge or on red. My phone also randomly turns off. Say if its on 15% it will turn off even though theres battery left, and wont turn on until i charge it again. I loved my 6s plus and one of the reasons i got it was for the amazing battery life. I would say i have been using it just the same as i did when the battery was good so i have no clue whats gone wrong. Can anyone help?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1, null

Posted on May 1, 2016 3:34 AM

2 replies

May 1, 2016 5:13 AM in response to Mint3535

Hi there--i have the 6 s plus also and yes, like you, I've noticed the battery is draining far faster recently. I'm also noticing it's slower, more given to freezing up-- and I have 93 GB free!

I don't have THE ANSWER, but I can tell you about the Band-Aid I've put on my situation--the Mophie which you can check out here:

: http://www.apple.com/shop/product/HJFT2ZM/B/mophie-power-reserve-1x-external-bat tery?fnode=4b45a2bae40ec1f3f2cbeb3ba9812…

You know this phone phone is already so big, but now I don't go around without the phone, the Mophie, a lightning cable, and the Mophie's micro-USB to USB charging cable so I don't get caught in a no-battery emergency. Charge the Mophie anywhere--I plug USB end of its cable into laptop and micro-USB into Mophie. The Mophie charges pretty fast and in fact comes out of the box charged.

To charge iPhone with Mophie, you need the lightning cable---lightning adapter goes into phone and connect to Mophie's USB port. When phone battery is at 100%, I re-charge the Mophie so it's at max when phone needs it.

It's not exactly fun, but it is keeping my phone alive for longer.

Oh! And there's a Mophie for only $29.95--so that, plus the juggling around of cables and carrying of extra stuff, is what it's costing me to keep the battery from draining as quickly as it can of late.

I hope this helps!

iPhone 6s plus battery has gotten terrible in past month?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.