Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change to a new Apple ID as I cannot change my .mac/.me one according to the discussion threads here?

Hello Appleites (but not Applebites/bytes 😉,

I am very seriously contemplating changing my actual AppleID (which has been: c******** for at least a decade) to something that better fits what I do for scanning old Hollywood poster and illustrative art (I should say classic era, not old--as in the 20s through 40s), since I scan a lot and my name is Daniel, I thought d********@icloud or me or mac would be easier to remember and type from a business card, etc.

I realize this is a difficult process, so my question is how do I do that if I so choose? Do I create a completely new account at an Apple Store and then go into every device and transfer all the passwords and have that as the new AppleID? Does this include purchasing a separate mobile me package and just letting the other one expire?

I could stay with the colorfulcomedians one, but I know that is hard for people to remember and type, plus it doesn't represent what I do very aptly.

Thank you,

Daniel K***

West Hollywood ,CA

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), iOS 9.3.1, null

Posted on May 1, 2016 4:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 7:45 AM

You can change the email associated with your Apple ID very easily but you should retain the Apple ID as it only serves to log in to your own Apple devices and services.

Here is how: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Also I have asked the hosts to delete personal information as this forum is open to all.

6 replies

May 1, 2016 7:45 AM in response to elcpu

Elcpu,

Thank you, but that was not my question. I know how to change the email addresses associated with the AppleID, I want to change to a completely new and different Apple ID.

Thank you,

Daniel Kinske

P.S.--It is silly that I should be worried about having my name listed here. Too many people hide behind acronyms and often it just shields (or so they think) them from being able to spout out vitriol--in my opinion.

May 1, 2016 5:40 AM in response to dansscans

To my knowledge you cannot delete the ID itself, you would have to start from scratch with a new one or try using a Gmail, Yahoo or other mail account. You would lose any purchases made with the old ID. You could try calling Apple Support but I have not heard of anyone who changed his .me ID in the past.

May 1, 2016 5:39 AM in response to dansscans

You cannot change an AppleID that is based on a @me.com, @mac.com or @icloud.com email address. You can only change an AppleID that is based on a non-Apple email address. So while you can create a new AppleID, you cannot change the one you are using now if it is based in any Apple issued email address. Nor can you transfer that account and its purchases to a new AppleID.

But if the intent is to get a different iCloud address, then just create a wholly new AppleID with a free gmail, hotmail, yahoo or whatever email address and then create a new iCloud account with that new AppleID as the login credentials.

May 1, 2016 7:58 AM in response to Michael Black

Good morning (and good morning May),

I appreciate you both taking the time to respond. It sounds like it is easier to legally change one's own name than their AppleID, but good reasons for both I suppose.

I'll look at the email options you both mentioned, as I think that would cover what I want for others to remember for a email name that still retains one of the Apple suffix's, which are also easy to remember.

Thank-you very much,

Daniel K...

How do I change to a new Apple ID as I cannot change my .mac/.me one according to the discussion threads here?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.