Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages - always keep copy on iCloud Drive

Pages: Is it possible, or can it be made possible in future upgrades, to always store a copy of a Pages document on iCloud Drive. Most often I want to save a document in its relevant project folder on my computer, so it vanishes from iCloud, but I would like to have a copy of it saved to iCloud also. Can there be a tick box on the Save panel or in Preferences that says Keep Copy on iCloud .... whether the copy in my project folder syncs or not is not important because the iCloud copy can be considered to be the 'live' document; but having that default copy would be really handy.

Trimmer

Posted on May 1, 2016 4:00 AM

4 replies

May 1, 2016 4:13 AM in response to zacharyfromnsw

Thanks Zach ... I hope they implement it.

Well indeed, but the duplicate process is rather cumbersome and for me easy to forget if on the hoof. Keeping the Project folders on iCloud is fine if they are small, put if the Project also contains 8Gb of movie and image files it becomes unviable. .... I like a tidy desktop.

Good of you to support the suggestion!!

Trimmer

May 1, 2016 1:28 PM in response to Trimmer

Any time you create a file in your local project folder, open up Finder, then drag the local file to iCloud Drive while holding the Option key. This will make a copy of the file for iCloud Drive while keeping your local file where it is. Note, that when you open Pages, you will habe to choose which version of the file you wish to open. If you open and mofiy the local document, you will have to copy it again with the above descrined method if you wish to have the iCloud version of the file also be up to date. The inverse is true if you modify the iCloud version instead.

Best of luck

Pages - always keep copy on iCloud Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.